AVCAT transforming lives through education
AVCAT scholars have the following obligations:
ATTEND the presentation event. New scholars are required to make every effort to attend or have a representative attend on their behalf.
COMPLETE a mid-year and annual year review by the due date each year. This includes providing your results for the past semester, enrolment for the next semester, Centrelink evidence and a thank you letter to your sponsor. If the review information is not received by the due date, scholarship payments may be stopped.
ADVISE of any changes in your study or situation as soon as possible.
RESPOND to communication from AVCAT in a timely manner.
Communication is the key to keeping your scholarship working for you and payments arriving on time.
Contact us if you are planning to do, or have done, any of the following:
- Cease or/defer your studies
- Change course, institution or campus
- Stop studying full-time
- Cease to receive Centrelink payments including Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY, Austudy or an equivalent government payment.
Continuing Eligibility Requirements
To remain eligible for your scholarship you must be:
STUDYING full-time (face-to-face or online) at an Australian university, TAFE or registered training institution.
RECEIVING Centrelink payments including Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY, Austudy or an equivalent government payment.
ACHIEVING satisfactory academic progress (at least 50% in each subject).
- If your results are not satisfactory, please write to us and explain why your scholarship should continue and provide evidence to support your case (like a medical certificate, a letter from a counsellor). Your situation will be reviewed by AVCAT.
- If you are not making satisfactory academic progress, it is in your interest to see a student counsellor as soon as possible.
Mid-Year and Annual Reviews
- A mid-year and annual review is required to be completed for each scholarship year. Payments for the following semester do not restart until your review and supporting documents have been processed by AVCAT.
- You will receive notification that your review is due via an email sent in June and December.
- Reviews are to be completed online and you are required to attach the appropriate supporting documents.
- If you have any difficulties with the review documents, the best thing to do is to contact AVCAT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Changes and Deferment
A scholar may defer their study for up to 12 months. Approval for deferring studies may occur in the following circumstances:
- where a change in the course can be explained and is more suited to a scholars’ abilities and interests.
- health issues that are accepted by AVCAT.
It is important to check with AVCAT before any changes to the study are made to ensure your scholarship will still be valid.
Help for Students
If something is affecting your studies let us know. We are here to support you.
There are many resources to help you look after your health and well-being including:
- your GP or other health professionals
- your university, TAFE or college student support services. Check on campus, or online to see how to access support.
- Community mental health centre. Search for community mental health services in your local area.
- Headspace. Search for a centre near you. They can help with mental and physical health, alcohol and other drug issues.
Always take your mental health seriously and please don’t hesitate to reach out and ask for help. If you have a mental health plan, please make sure you stick to it. When things get too difficult, make sure you contact your mental health provider.
Links to other web sites, third party links, and third party comments
The AVCAT website provides links to third party websites. Other AVCAT digital channels may contain links or comments posted by third party channel users. Third party linked sites are not under the control of AVCAT. AVCAT is not responsible for the conduct or content of those third party sites. AVCAT takes reasonable steps to monitor its digital channels, and third party links, but cannot provide absolute assurance as to the quality, currency or content of those sites or comments. Please contact AVCAT if you have a particular concern at email@example.com